Did you know anyone you hire to deliver or provide something for your event such as bridal salons, disc jockeys, officiants and caterers have the potential to disrupt your wedding? What if your event site has a bankruptcy or fire right before your event?
Hiring a Wedding Vendor?
Never Forget to Ask These 10 Questions.
- How long have you been in business? Be cautious with new businesses.
- How many weddings do you support every year? Higher volume equals greater knowledge and expertise.
- How much do you charge? You usually get what you pay for.
- What is included in the charges? One vendor may include services that you would have to pay extra for with another vendor. Get the details.
- How much is the deposit? Deposits vary and may be negotiable. Knowing deposits upfront enables you to plan and budget accordingly.
- What is the cancellation/refund policy? Find out if your deposit is refundable and under what circumstances. Wedsure Wedding Insurance Loss of Deposits coverage will protect you from lost deposits.
- Do you use a contract? A contract is designed to protect both you and the wedding vendor. Always get everything in writing.
- Are there any additional fees? Taxes, gratuities, service charges, etc. Extra charges should be clearly identified in your contract.
- Do you carry Liability Insurance? Don’t work with anyone who can’t provide proof of liability insurance. Insurance provides invaluable financial protection and it’s also a sign that the vendor is reputable, responsible and a professional.
- Do you require Liability Insurance? If it’s an event site for the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding, reception or any other event connected with the wedding, the venue may require you to provide liability insurance. Find out more about Wedsure Liability with instant Certificates of Liability.